Effective Date: 10/10/2016
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
For each visitor to the Site, our servers automatically recognize and collect the IP address, User Agent, time of visit and the web site they came from, but not the e-mail address (unless requested and supplied by the visitor as a part of registration in connection with a program offered or made available on the Site).
You may provide additional information, such as categories of interest, preferred stores, and demographic information. The additional information is not required to become a member, but many members choose to supply the information so that they receive offers that match their shopping interests and store preferences.
All information collected on the Site is used for the operation of our Site, to maintain the quality of our offerings, and to provide general aggregate statistics regarding the use of the Site. Such information is not personally identifiable. Geographic, demographic, and category preference information across member profiles may be summarized for merchants advertising on the Site. This helps prospective sponsors understand the viewership they will reach.
Tracking Technologies / Cookies
- We and our marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- Web Beacons. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or Users’ personally identifiable information.
- We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect for the operation of our Site, to maintain the quality of our offerings, and to provide general aggregate statistics regarding the use of the Site. Such information is not personally identifiable. Geographic, demographic, and category preference information across member profiles may be summarized for merchants advertising on the Site. This helps prospective sponsors understand the viewership they will reach.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Opt-Out Preferences. If you wish to unsubscribe from our email lists visit the Unsubscribe page and follow the instructions.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Updates and Changes to the Policy.